Gael has been working in the area of psychology for the past ten years. Most recently this has included work as a psychologist with children, adolescents and their families in the school setting. Alongside providing support for young people with anxiety, depression and learning difficulties a key part of this role has been supporting ‘at risk’ youth and those with complex mental health presentations.
Gael currently works across the school and private practice settings. Her particular areas of interest and expertise include:
• Anxiety related difficulties including social and generalized anxiety disorders and trichotillomania;
• Depression and difficulties with mood;
• School and work related problems;
• Family and Relationship issues;
• Support with life transitions;
• Addressing issues of confidence and self-worth;
• Adolescent mental health.
Gael’s practice is ‘trauma informed’ and references therapies including:
• Cognitive behaviour therapy;
• Schema therapy;
• Dialectic behaviour therapy;
• Acceptance and commitment therapy;
• Systemic approaches to working with families;
• Interpersonal & psychodynamic models of working;
• Mindfulness based approaches;
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
She possesses a warm therapeutic style and believes that intervention should be tailored to meet the needs of each individual client. This involves developing a safe therapeutic space in which goals can be set and worked on collaboratively.
• Bachelor of Arts – University of Western Australia 2007
• Graduate Diploma of Psychology – Deakin University 2012
• Master of Clinical Psychology – Edith Cowan University 2015
Hours of Consultation
• Saturday 8.30am – 1pm;
• Tuesday 8.30am – 7pm.
To make an appointment to see Gael please call 0419 973 181, she will endeavor to return your call in 24-48 hours.