Amy completed her Master of Clinical Psychology in 1998 after completing her Bachelor of Arts with first Class Honors In Psychology in 1995 (The University of Western Australia). She has been working as a Clinical Psychologist for approximately 20 years. She began her career in child and adolescent mental health working for many years in outpatient clinics for children, adolescents and their families. Amy then worked in adult mental health for two years in Melbourne specialising in treating individuals with complex personality issues and providing consultation for primary health care providers. She returned to Perth to work as a specialist clinical psychologist in adolescent mental health where she not only treated at risk young people, but provided consultation and training to the broader professional community. Amy has worked solely in private practice for the past 8 years and accepts referrals from a wide source of professionals in addition to self-referrals.
Amy is a warm and engaging clinical psychologist and feels honored to be in a position whereby she can facilitate change, she is experienced in working across the lifespan with and is confident in a working with clients with a wide range of clinical issues.
Amy’s particular areas of expertise and interest include:
• Working with children and adolescents;
• Issues of self confidence, anxiety, panic and trauma;
• Depression and other mood related problems;
• Chronic fatigue syndrome;
• Family and relationship issues;
• Adjustment issues;
• Substance use issues and;
• Professional training and supervision.
The models of therapy that inform Amy’s clinical practice include:
• Cognitive behavioural therapy;
• Psychodynamic psychotherapy;
• Acceptance and commitment therapy;
• Schema therapy;
• Interpersonal therapy;
• Systemic and family therapy;
• Mindfulness training and clinical hypnosis;
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Amy has full registration with AHPRA the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and is a member of ACPA the Australian Clinical Psychologist Association.
• Bachelor of Arts Honours in Psychology – University of Western Australia 1995;
• Master of Clinical Psychology – University of Western Australia 1998.
Hours of Consultation
• Monday 2pm – 6pm;
• Wednesday and Thursday 9am – 5.30pm;
• Saturday 12noon – 5pm.
To make an appointment to see Amy please call 0419 973 181, she will endeavor to return your call in 24-48 hours.